Sunday, January 30, 2005

Feng Shui 101

I just made a statement to my husband that I didn't buy Feng Shui rules. I remember in Indonesia, my friend hung a sun ornament above his front door because his "feng shui" friend from Hong Kong just informed him to put it there; otherwise, bad spirit will come and stay at his house. Come on!

In Indonesia, so many people do believe in Feng Shui; they even implement the rules for their business. The office where I used to work at, was set based on Feng Shui. The owner regularly brought Feng Shui expert from Hong Kong to read on where the "fortune" was; hence, re-arranged the furniture and interior setting accordingly.

I remember when, out of the blue, my big boss had to move his office space from the far back to the very front. The expert said, putting his office too far from the entrance might cause the company not getting profit as fast as it could be. I questioned, "so why did you recommend us to put his office at the far back at the beginning?"

"Last time, feng shui read it differently".

What!!!??? Why would you make your world so complicated like that?

I went to Barnes and Noble yesterday. I found a book where my point of view on Feng Shui changed ( a bit). The title of the book is "Chic living with Feng Shui: Stylish Designs for Harmonious Living" by Sharon Stasney. I like this book because, instead of ordering you to do this and that with your home, it gives you a basic knowledge about Feng Shui - how it relates with color, chi energy, ying and yang and chakras.

The book also understates that according to Feng Shui, your home might be best for you to stay but not for your neighbor - because you have a different personal chi assessment from others.

That make sense! That relieves me!

I don't against Feng Shui whatsoever; but I do against people who believe in Feng Shui BLUNTLY, without thinking the rational (and other people preference in designing their own home).

No comments:

Post a Comment